Ingredients: Serves 4 (as a side / starter)
- 2 medium-size beetroot
- 100 g goat\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\’s cheese – a hard one you can grate works really well with this
- Handful of microgreens / sprouting seeds
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Handful of mint leaves, finely chopped (or sub for fresh thyme)
- ½ tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp mustard
- Salt / pepper
- 1 tbsp of pine nuts, toasted
- Peel and wash your fresh beetroot then bake in the oven at 180 degrees (fan) for around 40 minutes until soft but still with some bite – to avoid too much roasting, cover in tin foil.
- Thinly slice the beetroot and lay on the serving plate.
- In a bowl, mix the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, fresh mint leaves, honey, mustard and a pinch of salt.
- Wisk all the ingredients together until combined then drizzle over the beetroot.
- Take the hard goat\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\’s cheese and grate large slices (as you would with parmesan) and sprinkle over the top of the beetroot.
- Top with the sprouting seeds and pine nuts before service.